What is bite adjustment therapy?
A bite is considered to be healthy when all or most of the teeth are present and not destroyed by normal daily usage.
Worn biting surfaces, loose teeth, or TMJ (jaw joint) damage may indicate a destructive bite. Bite therapy helps restore a bite that can function without damage and destruction. The therapy may include:
- Reshaping the biting surfaces of the teeth and eliminating spots of excessive pressures when the teeth are brought into contact. This reshaping of the bite pattern carefully divides bite pressures evenly across all of the teeth.
- Bite splint therapy using a custom-fitted and adjusted plastic bite guard to keep the teeth apart, worn during the day, at night, or both.
- Braces to reposition mal-aligned or drifted teeth.
- Replacement of old, worn out, or damaged fillings.
- Reconstruction of badly worn and damaged teeth.
Since 1988, Periodontist James Culberson, DMD, MS, Fredericksburg, VA, has practiced a full scope of periodontal diagnosis and treatment. Even a subtle change in your smile helps you to project an image of self-confidence and high personal esteem. When you feel good about yourself, it shows in your appearance.Fredericksburg Office Appointments Map & Driving Directions